CSC, the Finnish it center for science, Espoo, Finland
October 4-5, 2006
Download the summary pdf
The series of open e-IRG workshops support the e-IRG activities by enabling and stimulating the discussion of e-infrastructure related topics with the community across thematic and country borders. Experts on various areas will get together to explore open issues and outstanding questions for enabling easy and cost-effective shared use of distributed electronic resources across Europe and beyond, based on sustainable e-infrastructures.
On Wednesday and Thursday October 4th and 5th 2006 there will be an open workshop organised by the e-Infrastructure Reflection Group. The purpose of the e-IRG Workshop during Finland's Presidency is to update the current e-Infrastructures Roadmap and White Paper. The workshop will be held in Keilaniemi, Finland.
With the folowing speakers:
- Anita Lehikoinen (Finnish Ministry of Education)
- Risto Nieminen (Finnish Grid)
- Timo Skyttä (Nokia, Liberty Alliance)
- Kimmo Koski (CSC, chair HPC in Europe Taskforce - HET)
- Michael Grønager (Technical Coordinator NDGF, Nordic GRID)
- David Giaretta (CASPAR project on data access)
- Klaus Ulmann (DANTE)
- Christoph Witzig (SWITCH)