Venue e-IRG Closed Delegates meeting
The Closed e-IRG delegates meeting is on 22 May 2019 and will take place in Geneva, Switzerland at:
Esplanade des Particules 1
The delegates meeting is in Building 513-1-024 at the oposite of the Workshop Building.
The closed dinner is on Tuesday evening, 21 May 2019 at 19:00 hrs. The location is at Il Vero Restaurant - Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva near the lake. It is approximately 1 hour traveling from CERN towards the restaurant. 15 minutes walk to Tram 18, which takes about 23 minutes (14 stops) and 15 minutes walk towards the Restaurant.
Please download the mobile app MapCERN to your phone. It is free and very convenient to use.
- Reception during the day to pick up your access badge is in Building 33 (before entering CERN between entrance A and B). We advise you to arrive well in advance as there maybe a queue. Opening hours 08:00 to 17.45 weekdays
- If you arrive on Sunday or at night to stay at one of the CERN hostels by taxi, you may have to receive the key and badge from Building 55 near the car entrance B. There is a phone booth (!) where you have to enter the number you received when registering and the guard will then print out the access card. The taxi should be able to enter inside to get the person in the hostel (so you stop get your badge/key) and continue with the taxi to the hostel (walking to the hostel is about 10 minutes walk).
- e-IRG Delegates meeting is in Building 513-1-024 - at the opposite of the Workshop building.
- There is a shuttle bus from the main entrance to the hostel and through to Restaurant 2 which is next to building 31. However, it is only in the morning and in the evening. (Shuttle bus time table).
- Walking from the entrance to the hostel is around 10 minutes and equally 10 minutes from the hostel to the workshop or delegates meeting building.
- Reception CERN Hostel is in Building 39
Power adapter type J
Don't forget to bring a power adapter Type J (Swiss standard) https://www.worldstandards.eu/electricity/plugs-and-sockets/j/
How to get to CERN
From Geneva International Airport at Cointrin
- Taxi: approximately 35 CHF.
- Public transport: First take a free public transport ticket from the machine you will find in the baggage collection hall, just before customs control. Then you can take bus 23, 28 or 57 and get off at "Blandonnet" and then catch tram 18, final stop "CERN".
See the TPG web site for full details.
From Geneva railway station at Cornavin (Gare Cornavin)
- Public transport: take tram 18 to "CERN", which is the final stop. Ticket costs 3 CHF (Ticket "Tout Genève" on the ticket machine). See the TPG web site for full details.
Address: 1, Esplanade des Particules, Meyrin, Switzerland
Reception: Lat: 46.233058, Long: 6.055692
From the Swiss side
Follow "Aeroport", "Lyon" or "Meyrin". When in Meyrin head for "St. Genis" (which is just across the border in France). Before you get to St. Genis, CERN is on the left hand side of the "Route de Meyrin", just before the border crossing.
From the French side
Follow "Gex" or "St. Genis". When in St. Genis head for the border. CERN is on your right hand side immediately after the border crossing.
CERN hostel: A block reservation for max. 80 people has been made for participants who want to stay at CERN, but each person would have to book and pay individually. The booking can be made until 01.04.2019 (first come first served). Please use this Registration form. Reception CERN Hostel is in Building 39
See booking.com or other booking sites.