Overview of previous delegates meetings and meeting minutes - visible for delegates only (password protected)
The e-IRG meeting on 27th of November took place in Brussels, Square de Meeûs 1, 1st floor.
-> Draft decisions and actions from the meeting [pdf]
Presentation of the meeting
Monday, 27 November
|8:30 || Welcome Coffee/Tea |
|9:00 – 10:30 || |
- Welcome, Opening - Toivo Räim, Gabriele von Voigt
- Approval of the Agenda - Gabriele von Voigt
Proposed decision: Approve the agenda for the 51th delegates meeting.
- Conclusions from the 50th delegates meeting and approval of the minutes - Gabriele von Voigt
Statement: Presentation of previous meeting main conclusions.
Draft minutes of the 50th e-IRG Delegates Meeting
Proposed decision: Approve the minutes of the 50th delegates meeting
- EC presentations about EOSC / EuroHPC - tbc
Statement: Update on EOSC and EuroHPC developments including governance.
- Update on Go-FAIR - Erik Fledderus
Statement: Update on Go-FAIR initiative after June workshop, initiated by Netherlands and Germany (Joint position paper presented at the Competitiveness Council). [pptx]
- Future role of e-IRG - Introduction presentation with questionnaire answers' analysis
Statement: Introduction presentation on the questionnaire about the future role of e-IRG to prepare for the discussion in the breakout session.
|10:30 – 11:00 ||Split into 3 groups + Coffee/Tea break |
11:00 – 13:00
- Future role of e-IRG - Breakout session on e-Infra directions (Questions 1- 6)
- Three breakout session groups to be co-moderated by e-IRGSP5 team and delegates.
Statement: Working groups discussions on the future role of e-IRG in the identified e-Infrastructure areas and related developments, so that policy actions can be derived:
- Data world and RDA, Go-FAIR
- e-IRG as bridge between Member States/Associated Countries and the EC
- EuroHPC and HPC in general
- Towards FP9 and 2025
An analysis of the questionnaire will be available soon after 23 November (deadline for submitting the answers).
|13:00 – 14:00 ||Working lunch |
|13:30 – 15:30 || |
- Summary and conclusions of the breakout session (60 min) - Rapporteurs of breakout sessions - Gabriele von Voigt
Statement: Presentation of summary and conclusions from the breakout sessions and discussion on the future role of e-IRG.
Proposed decision: Main directions on the future role of e-IRG.
- Vision/mission and e-IRG bylaws update discussion
a. e-IRG Executive Board composition review
Statement: Discussion on whether the current composition of the e-IRG Executive Boad, with a permanent Chair and co-Chairs, vice-Chairs from the EU presidencies needs to be revised to face the upcoming challenges.
b. Conflict of Interest policy creation
Statement: Follow-up of the Tallinn discussions about potential Conflict of Interests (CoIs) from e-IRG delegates and support project members.
Proposed decision: Main directions on the e-IRG CoI document
c. e-IRG vision/mission and bylaws review
Statement: Based on the previous agenda item decisions, discussion on whether the e-IRG vision/mission and the e-IRG bylaws need to be updated.
- Policy documents discussion (Questions 7-8)
a. New policy document: EOSC national nodes, e-Infrastructure maturity at national level and connection with ESFRI RIs
Statement: Discussion about a future e-IRG policy document based on the decision of the Tallinn meeting to focus on the three areas above -
Input document on MS/AC and ESFRI relation towards EOSC.
Proposed decision: Working Group creation, WG Chair, topics and type of document.
b. Long term preservation of Research Data
Statement: Presentation on the status of the work/document and follow-up from the discussion at the Tallinn meeting.
Proposed decision: Decision about the future of the document.
|15:30 – 16:00 ||Coffee/Tea break |
16:00 – 17:30
- Reports and News
- Report from the Chair - Gabriele von Voigt
- Report from ESFRI - tbc
- Report from e-IRGSP5
a. Report from e-IRGSP5
b. Plan for the next support project
Statement: At the Tallinn meeting the delegates were asked to express their interest in coordinating the next e-IRG support programme.
Proposed decision: Appointment of the coordinator of the next support project.
- Reports from countries and delegates activities regarding e-IRG
Statement: The delegates are invited to report e-Infrastructure related developments (news, activities, initiatives, etc.) in their countries.
And are also invited to send this information beforehand via email to the secretariat.
- Activities under Bulgarian EU Presidency - Aneta Karaivanova
e-IRG Delegates meeting: 20 March 2018, Sofia
e-IRG Delegates meeting and workshop: 14-16 May 2018, Sofia
Statement: Proposal for the workshop outline and Programme Committee
Proposed decision: Workshop outline and programme committee
- Activities under Austrian EU Presidency
e-IRG Delegates Meeting: 10 September 2018 connected to ICRI2018
e-IRG Delegates Meeting and Workshop: November 2018
a. Knowledge Base: the delegates are encouraged to update the country information in the e-IRG Knowledge Base (the majority of information deals with HPC).
b. e-IRGSP5 Advisory Board: The current composition is the e-IRG EB plus ESFRI representative (Yannis Ioannidis). Discuss whether an update is needed.