The Human Brain Project (HBP) is organising a webinar on Frameworks and Financing Models for Research Infrastructures in Europe on February 20, 2018 between 14h00 and 16h00. The webinar is organised by École Polytechnique Fédérale De Lausanne (EPFL) being part of HBP subproject 11, led by Johan Christoph Ebell and the Danish Board of Technology Foundation (DBT) being part of subproject 12 Stakeholder Forums, led by Lars Klüver.
The European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) and the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) provide legal and financial frameworks for the establishment and operation of research infrastructures in Europe.
In order to inform about the organisation of ERIC and ESFRI and to discuss the perspectives and alternatives to these frameworks in relation to the Human Brain Project, the organizers invite all interested parties to this webinar on existing frameworks and financing models for European research infrastructures.
All participants are requested to take a look at the ESFRI Roadmap 2016 as well as the Public Roadmap 2018 prior to the meeting.
The agenda looks as follows:
Moderator: Lars Klüver, HBP Ethics & Society
- 14.00-14.05: Welcome and introduction
- 14.05-14.20: The organisation of ERIC (aim, procedures and options): Harry Tuinder, DG Research & Innovation
- 14.20-14.30: Q&A
- 14.30-14.45: ESFRI Roadmap, to inform about how ESFRI relates to ERIC: Maria Anvret, Health & Food Strategy Working Group Vice-Chair
- 14.45-15.05: Q&A
- 15.05-15.15: National perspective on ESFRI/ERIC: Troels Rasmussen, Danish Ministry for Higher Education and Science
- 15.15-15.25: National perspective on ESFRI/ERIC (part II)
- 15.25-15.40: Commentary session
- 15.40-15.45: Concluding remarks and wrap-up
Registration for the webinar is required and can be completed at the Human Brain Project website.