Last updated: 23 May 2018
Unless otherwise stated, e-IRGSP secretariat (located at NWO, Laan van Nieuw Oost Indië 300 in The Hague, The Netherlands) is the data controller of the personal data collected. e-IRGSP/e-IRG and NWO respects the privacy off all the users of its website and ensures that the personal information provided by them is treated as confidential.
1. Information we collect
Whenever you contact us, for example though a form or message board on our website, you may choose to give us personal information such as name, organization, address, email address or phone number as well as other information you submit to us for registrations, to receive certain products and services, such as email alerts for upcoming events, or to provide input or feedback.
We also collect technical information about your computer, device and connection information, that do not require an explicit consent by the users to be deployed, such as browsing or session cookies to log in to the website and IP address. We cannot see which individual visitors are behind which visits to our website.
2. How we use your information
Depending on how you interact with us, we use your personal information to:
- Provide and manage your access to and use of the service;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements;
- Invite you to participate in surveys and public consultations;
- Register you for an event such as a workshop or a meeting, we will use your personal data to register, make badges, to keep you posted about any updates regarding the event;
- Send you our online publications such as magazines and policy documents;
- Send information on upcoming events and other e-IRG related news;
3. Information we share with third parties
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
By registering for an event, or participating in an on-line discussion you agree to reveal a minimum set of personal data to others.
For our social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter as far as consent and data use is concerned, these will be effectively covered by the terms and conditions and privacy notices of each of these software tools of these platforms.
4. Accessing and updating your information
Registered users (such as e-IRG delegates, observers) may access and update their personal information or deactivate their user account directly through the service, or by contacting the e-IRG secretariat. Other users can contact the e-IRG secretariat by email at the contact details below.
You have the right under European and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as may be applicable, to request free of charge (i) access to and correction or deletion of your personal information; (ii) restriction of our processing of your personal information; (iii) objection to our processing; and (iv) portability of your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as the contact details below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable laws. To protection your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
5. Data retention
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfill the needs you have requested, or for other essential purposes.
6. Grounds for processing
When we collect from you any personal information within the scope of European data protection laws, we do so:
- where necessary to provide the services, or at your request;
- where necessary for our compliance with applicable law or other legal obligation;
- where applicable, with your consent; and/or
- as necessary to operate our business, protect the security of our systems, customers and users, detect or prevent fraud, or fulfill our other legitimate interests as described in clauses 1-3 above, except where our interests are overridden by your privacy rights.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
We are committed to using appropriate technical and organizational measures intended to protect the security of your personal information.
c/o The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
P.O. Box 93460
NL-2509 AL The Hague
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving further emails, you can opt-out here (http://e-irg.eu/subscribe-unsubscribe-mailing-list)
Or send an email to email@example.com