From 16-19 November 2020, the EOSChub, FREYA and Social Sciences and Humanities Open Cloud (SSHOC) projects are joining forces in shaping the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC). Under the general theme "Towards a FAIR research data landscape for the social sciences, humanities and beyond", participants can help create a FAIR research data landscape; discover new tools and techniques; and aggregate their services to the EOSC Portal.
The three projects invite social science and humanities researchers, data experts, research funders, policy makers, and representatives from research infrastructures, service providers, research libraries and archives, the EOSC Ecosystem, and ESFRI Cluster projects to find out what the projects have to offer and how to get involved.
The main objectives of this four-day program are to:
- Showcase the results achieved to date in each of the projects
- Teach you to use the new tools and techniques they have developed to improve your data FAIRness and prepare your data and services to be aggregated into the EOSC Portal
- Identify and onboard new members to the project communities
- Foster citizen science and collaborations with industry
Through interactive sessions, expert panels, live demonstrations, and discussions the organizers will cover:
- Data policy and governance
- Technology and infrastructure
- Training and community building
- Sustainability management
In addition, an EOSC Projects EXPO is being held on the sidelines of the "Realising the European Open Science Cloud" joint event. The EOSC Projects EXPO is the first virtual exhibition showcasing initiatives and projects of the European Open Science Cloud from the many initiatives and projects that are working together towards the same goal.
Your projects are invited to apply for a virtual exhibition booth to showcase your work through videos, digital flyers and brochures, white papers and reports, and have project representatives present as exhibitors who can answer visitor inquiries via chat.
The exhibition is expected to be a platform that gathers all the EOSC players together for four days of knowledge exchange, the creation of potential synergies, and networking.
More information about the conference is available online.
You are also invited to apply for a virtual exhibition booth.