- e-IRG meeting (2nd): 20-21 June 2016 (Amsterdam - Science Park)
- Monday 20 June - from 12:00 (incl light lunch and diner) until Tuesday 21 June 14:00 (incl light lunch)
already taken place:
You can meet e-IRG delegates or e-IRGSP4 representatives at the following events during the coming months.
- PRACEdays16, Prague, Czech Republic, 10-12 May 2016
- TNC16 Networking Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, 12-16 June 2016
- 31st ISC High Performance Conference - ISC'16, Frankfurt, Germany, 19-23 June 2016
- European Data Forum 2016 - EDF2016, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 29-30 June 2016
Calendar on more e-infrastructure events, read more »
The main objective of the e-Infrastructure initiative is to support the creation of a political, technological and administrative framework for an easy and cost-effective shared use of distributed electronic resources across Europe. Particular attention is directed towards grid computing, storage, and networking.
The e-Infrastructure Reflection Group was founded to define and recommend best practices for the pan-European electronic infrastructure efforts. It consists of official government delegates from all the EU countries. The e-IRG produces white papers, roadmaps and recommendations, and analyses the future foundations of the European Knowledge Society.
Important issues within the e-IRG are currently:
- e-Infrastructures in European Commission's Horizon 2020 Programme
- a policy for resource sharing
- a registry/repository for European resources
- coordination of new national and EU funding programs
- better links and synergies between Europe and other regions (e.g. USA, Japan) engaged in similar activities
- Collaboration with broader Research Infrastructures through ESFRI.