You can meet e-IRG delegates or e-IRGSP4 representatives at the following events during the coming months.
- EGI Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 18-22 May 2015
- PRACE Scientific and Industrial Conference 2015, Dublin 26-28 May 2015
Calendar on more e-infrastructure events, read more »
Recent past events:
The main objective of the e-Infrastructure initiative is to support the creation of a political, technological and administrative framework for an easy and cost-effective shared use of distributed electronic resources across Europe. Particular attention is directed towards grid computing, storage, and networking.
The e-Infrastructure Reflection Group was founded to define and recommend best practices for the pan-European electronic infrastructure efforts. It consists of official government delegates from all the EU countries. The e-IRG produces white papers, roadmaps and recommendations, and analyses the future foundations of the European Knowledge Society.
Important issues within the e-IRG are currently:
- e-Infrastructures in European Commission's Horizon 2020 Programme
- a policy for resource sharing
- a registry/repository for European resources
- coordination of new national and EU funding programs
- better links and synergies between Europe and other regions (e.g. USA, Japan) engaged in similar activities
- Collaboration with broader Research Infrastructures through ESFRI.
The new edition of the e-IRG newsletter is now available for download. Highlights include summaries of the e-IRG Workshops in Vilnius and Athens, and the joint e-IRG-ESFRI workshop; an overview of the update process for the ESFRI Roadmap 2016; summaries of the European Research e-Infrastructures and Innovation Clusters Workshop, the Third EUDAT Conference, and the Research Data Alliance Conference; news about the European charter for access to research infrastructures, and the creation of the new GÉANT Association; the presentation of six European exascale projects; and many more.
You can preview, consult and download the e-IRG newsletter at http://e-irg.eu/newsletter.