- e-IRG meeting (1st): 26-27 September 2016 (Bratislava - EU House - European Information Center)
- e-IRG meeting (2nd): 14-15 November (noon-to-noon), Bratislava
- e-IRG workshop: 15-16 November (noon-to-noon), Bratislava
- e-IRG meeting (1st): 9 March 2017 (Valletta-Malta)
- e-IRG workshop and e-IRG meeting (2nd): 8-9 June 2017 (Valletta-Malta)
You can meet e-IRG delegates or e-IRGSP4 representatives at the following events during the coming months.
- Research Data Alliance's Eighth Plenary Meeting, Denver, USA, 11-17 September 2016
- Digital Infrastructures for Research 2016 - DI4R 2016, Krakow, Poland, 28-30 September 2016
- Improving Data Sharing and Re-Use in and for Africa, Cape Town, South Africa, 2 October 2016
- 3rd Conference on Research Infrastructures - ICRI 2016, Cape Town, South Africa, 3-5 October 2016
Calendar on more e-infrastructure events, read more »
The main objective of the e-Infrastructure initiative is to support the creation of a political, technological and administrative framework for an easy and cost-effective shared use of distributed electronic resources across Europe. Particular attention is directed towards grid computing, storage, and networking.
The e-Infrastructure Reflection Group was founded to define and recommend best practices for the pan-European electronic infrastructure efforts. It consists of official government delegates from all the EU countries. The e-IRG produces white papers, roadmaps and recommendations, and analyses the future foundations of the European Knowledge Society.
Important issues within the e-IRG are currently:
- e-Infrastructures in European Commission's Horizon 2020 Programme
- a policy for resource sharing
- a registry/repository for European resources
- coordination of new national and EU funding programs
- better links and synergies between Europe and other regions (e.g. USA, Japan) engaged in similar activities
- Collaboration with broader Research Infrastructures through ESFRI.