- e-IRG meeting: early 2016 (Amsterdam); to be confirmed
- e-IRG meeting: 11 March, 2016 (Amsterdam) in the morning
- e-IRG workshop: 9-10 March, 2016 (Amsterdam)
You can meet e-IRG delegates or e-IRGSP4 representatives at the following events during the coming months.
- 11th IEEE International Conference on eScience, Munich, Germany, 31 August-4 September 2015
- 6th RDA Plenary - 6th Research Data Alliance Plenary Meeting, Paris, France, 23-25 September 2015
- ICT 2015, Lisbon, Portugal, 20-22 October 2015
- EGI Community Forum, Bari, Italy, 10-13 November 2015
- Sixth GEANT Association Meeting, Luxembourg, 25-26 November 2015
Calendar on more e-infrastructure events, read more »
The main objective of the e-Infrastructure initiative is to support the creation of a political, technological and administrative framework for an easy and cost-effective shared use of distributed electronic resources across Europe. Particular attention is directed towards grid computing, storage, and networking.
The e-Infrastructure Reflection Group was founded to define and recommend best practices for the pan-European electronic infrastructure efforts. It consists of official government delegates from all the EU countries. The e-IRG produces white papers, roadmaps and recommendations, and analyses the future foundations of the European Knowledge Society.
Important issues within the e-IRG are currently:
- e-Infrastructures in European Commission's Horizon 2020 Programme
- a policy for resource sharing
- a registry/repository for European resources
- coordination of new national and EU funding programs
- better links and synergies between Europe and other regions (e.g. USA, Japan) engaged in similar activities
- Collaboration with broader Research Infrastructures through ESFRI.